Originally posted on April 5 2011i
As you probably noticed, I have a rather perverse taste for IT failures. One of the most popular posts I wrote is about a BI project failure.
So, when a BI project is not a failure? When a project is a good project?
- A project is a good project if the client and the consultant both learned something.
- A project is a good project when the customer feels empowered.
- A project is a good project when nobody feel diminished because of it.
- A project where the customer got exactly what she expected to get, is no more than average.
- A project is a good project if something new has been discovered because of it.
- If money is spared on what you have discovered, the project is even better.
- If money is earned after what you have discovered the project is outstanding.
- A project is a good project when someone says “I never watched this business area from this angle”
- The wider the angle the most successful the project.
But most of all:
A project is a good project when it sparks more and more good projects.
What is a good project, for you? Comments are welcome!
1693 views and 2 responses
Apr 7 2011, 1:35 PM
Peter Thomas responded:Nice to see a positive piece for a change Augusto :-)
Apr 8 2011, 12:42 AM
Augusto Albeghi responded:
Thanks Peter but do not worry, the positive mood is not going to last long! :o)